Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kayli's first haircut

The big news at our house for last week was Kayli finally got her first haircut.  I'd been putting it off, and off, (and off some more) because I have such a hard time emotionally getting the girls' hair cut.  Their hair takes so long to grow I hate to cut it. 

Well, while I was at orchestra practice on Saturday Barry took her to get her hair cut.  Sneaky little devil.  He says he didn't think I'd mind and it needed done.  I came home and Braden promptly showed me Kayli had gotten her first haircut.  The poor thing now has hair shorter than the boys!  The lady at Walmart gave her a boy haircut and so, of course, I cried and cried on Saturday knowing it will take years to regrow her hair.  She was finally starting to let me put hair things in and now it is too short.She was finally starting to let me put hair things in and now it is too short.  I've finally resigned myself to it, though, (what choice do I have?) and even though her bangs are way too short she does look better in the back and her hair looks shinier.  Why does getting girls hair cut have to be so trauamtizing for their mommy?  (Picture coming later.)

1 comment:

Arrow said...

She can borrow some of Erik's hair! He's to the point where he needs it cut.