Friday, January 7, 2011

Another one bites the dust...

Well, after two weeks we have all finally gotten the stomach flu and hopefully we are done. Tyler was our last holdout. I think this is the worst stuff we've had at our house for awhile. Last fall I bought a Kirby carpet cleaner/shampooer and it turned out to be good timing. We definitely got good use out of it this week. Braden had it first and he definitely had it the easiest of the bunch and then shared with the rest of us. Does anyone else find that unfair? I am he didn't get horribly sick, though.

As a consequence of being sick, Karina and Tyler ended up missing their first day of ice skating lessons. I was rather bummed out about that but we got to do a make-up day on Thursday. They both said they loved it and had lots of fun. Yay! After doing a quick calculation of how much it cost to rent skates for all three sessions, we decided to look into buying them. We managed to find a pair for both kids that were on clearance and are adjustable, so they can wear them next year, too! I am so happy that they both enjoyed it as we need something to replace ballet for Karina and Tyler just hasn't shown much interest in sports for a couple of years now. It was great to see him so excited and find something he likes. I'm not so sure I want to mention hockey teams, though. I think that is one of the more violent sports out there.

We really enjoyed our Christmas break but I think everyone (except Barry) was glad to get back to a normal routine. Structure is nice. The kids did miss their music lessons this week since they were sick so we got to gradually work back into everything. Next week will be full bore back into activities.

No comments: