Thursday, April 7, 2011

Moving on to bigger and better things.

Braden came home with information from Eagle Rock Junior High this week.  I am trying to reconcile myself with the fact that our oldest will be in junior high.  I HATED junior high.  (As those of you who went to school with me can attest.)  Braden is REALLY excited to be going, though.  He has a lot of friends from other schools that he has gotten to know through PACE and orchestra.  This week we get to deal with registering him for classes and he got to go on a tour of the juinor high on Tuesday.  When I asked him what he thought of the tour his comment, he responded, "Well, they told us if we went we would get cookies afterwards and then they just gave us pencils." :-)  Some of the kids apparently only agreed to go when their teachers said there would be cookies and were not happy afterwards when there weren't any.  I thought the tour would be fun for me, though, as I've never been around the school.  Apparently this parent found that idea more exciting than the actual kids going there.

While I'm not too excited to have him going he is so that is good.  He's definitely looking big enough to go unlike some of his other classmates.  Karina's is almost as big as a few of them.  And big he is.  He's almost as tall as I am and has bigger feet than I do.  He'll be outgrowing his dad's shoes in not too long.  Braden's eagerly anticipating when he'll be taller than me - in another 2 inches.  He just keeps growing up and while it's fun to watch I'd love to keep him little forever.

No comments: