Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So much to do, so little time and other fun stuff

Oh, I'm starting to regret my time decisions earlier this week. I have tons to do before we leave on Friday and I'm starting to feel stressed. I forgot to factor in Braden's 5th grade patriotic performance tonight and the big one, pack meeting tomorrow night! I will be spending most of tomorrow and some of today doing awards, going to the store and preparing for that.

Plus there are lots of other things I need to get done before we can go. I look forward to taking Kayli with me to get the tires rotated and transmission flushed on the van "like a poke in the eye" as Barry puts it. However, they really need done before we drive somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,500 miles these next two weeks.

On a very happy note, only 2 1/2 days left until we leave. I caught Braden sitting at the bar last night with a smiley dreamy look on his face as he said to himself "only 2 1/2 more days until we leave". Hahaha.

For other news, the kids all started a 6-week jump rope program at school last week. This is so fun for them and a great $5 deal for mom to get them to EXERCISE. Tyler got his jump rope at school yesterday as they didn't get the older kids in on time. Last night after dinner he was begging to go out and jump rope so he headed for the back deck. The last time he tried this program he was frustrated because he tried and tried and really couldn't do it almost at all. Last night he was jump roping backwards with a huge smile on his face! Looks like he has finally figured it out.

Braden has been telling me about all the things he can do with a rope but I haven't seen them yet. I am going to go outside with them later today and have everyone show me what they are learning. They came home with a list of different skills by level and a point value for them. I can guess what most of them are but are at a loss for the others. Apparently Braden has gotten past his mentality that jump roping is a "girl thing". He has been getting comments from his classmates about how good he is at when they jump rope during P.E. So, that makes me a little curious because he certainly didn't learn it at home.

Karina is really excited about it, too. Once the kids are in 1st grade they can join an actual jump rope team that I think will start doing competitions. One of the ladies doing it was a jump rope champion for some high level like national or world or something. THAT would be very interesting to watch!

No comments: