Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ahem, yes, it's been awhile

Now that I haven't posted in over a year, maybe I should do that, eh? I would upload some pictures but I don't have any recent ones. Another thing I seem to have been slacking on. I'll rectify that later this week since Karina is having another ballet on Saturday.

As for what is new in our neck of the woods - not much. Kayli is still a big tease like always. Having learned it from Tyler and that is who she teases the most we all just get a good laugh. Her favorite game with him is to go over, sit on his back and bounce up and down while he laughs and tells her to sit on his head. They have a great love/tease relationship. She is also signing to use more so we are having a better idea of what she is wanting. Fortunately she is attempting to throw in the words she learns on the signing time videos so she is at least saying something, too.

Karina Ballerina is still loving dance and we are trying to decide what to do with that. As you can guess, it has extra costs and other things associated with it so ballet isn't the cheapest of hobbies/sports. However, she absolutely loves it so we will keep at it awhile longer and debate for a few more months what to do when Barry goes to work part-time.

Tyler is such a sweet smiley boy. He had his first piano festival last weekend and got a superior. He was expecting something more like a recital apparently. When we got all done and left, later that day he asked me when he was going to have his festival in the chapel. He didn't realize that festival was just walking in the room, playing your scales and pieces for a judge and you were done.

Tyler also finally got qualified for speech therapy through school. He started that a week or so ago and is very happy about that. He is working on his "th" sounds at the moment and is practicing them fairly well.

Braden is still in the "the oldest child who thinks he knows everything" phase. Exactly when does that go away, if ever? He thrills in learning all kinds of new stuff - and then "sharing" it with all the jocks/bullies at school who harass him about being a nerd. I'm sure that doesn't help the situation but at least he is being true to himself I suppose. He is still playing the cello and had his first concert with the jr. high and high school this month. Oh, hey. I even have video of that, too, now that I think about it. I'll add that a little later. If you see the camera bouncing around it is because Kayli wanted to help.

Barry is busy with school, work and as of next week a new church calling. We are a little nervous about how he is going to fit that calling in as it involves lots of time, money and effort but I'm banking he'll be blessed for saying yes and everything will work out. More on that later since it hasn't officially been announced in church yet.

As for me, life is just regular duties - cook, maid, chauffeur, errand runner, cub scouts, etc. With no bear leaders at the moment I've added that onto the Webelos leader and advancement chairperson assignments so that Tyler has some cub scouts to go to. I have fun with the boys, though, and since Braden is the only consistent Webelos it gives him someone to do activities with.

So there is the rather mundane (happily so) update of our lives for the moment. Hopefully I won't take a year to post the next one.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Yay, you're a blogger! It was great seeing you guys the other day! We need to have you over sometime soon so we can catch up!

Breanna Hansen said...

I heartily agree! I told Barry the same thing, that I would like to get together again. (Ahem, he's been a bit of a hermit for a long time, shhhhh.....). The kids and I will be gone for all of spring break and he will be gone for a week after that. Let's get together after he gets back.

Breanna Hansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Hatch said...

I'm so excited things are going good for Tyler - he is such a sweetie and I know you've worked hard to get him into speech therapy. You are a good mommy :-)