Sunday, January 16, 2011

Busy, busy...

This week has been a fun and busy week!  Wednesday night was Tyler's Pinewood Derby, Thursday was Braden's D.A.R.E graduation, Friday night was Karina's mini-cheer camp performance at the Skyline-Highland game and Saturday was an interesting date night.

Braden's graduation was at one of the jr. high school's and was really fun!  Unfortunately, Barry said he "never saw my camera" after Wednesday night so I couldn't take any pictures.  He found it yesterday hidden on his tool shelf.  Hmmm.....so, no pictures to share.  I don't remember having a cool graduation like the 6th graders here did.  Diplomas were awarded, winning essays shared and then an awesome video was presented to the kids that they had all made.  I may cave and pay the $5 for it but we'll see.  They showed clips of kids touching a real lung pumping oxygen and their faces were great!  I think the favorite, though, was the videos of the kids trying to walk with beer goggles on.  They were falling all over the place and it was a good practical lesson on why not to drink. 

The last item of the night was a surprise.  Apparently their is a band of police officers called "Police Line" and they played for the kids and were so good!  Braden must be his mother's child because he got really into it, jumping up and down with his buddies and bouncing all over.  The group ended up doing three encores the kids loved it so much.  There were a bunch of little kids Kayli's age dancing in the aisles and it was so cute to watch.  Kayli decided she was too tired to join them, though, and just hung out in my arms instead.

Friday night was Karina's mini-cheer camp performance for the girls' basketball game.  She had workshops on Tue-Thur and then they performed the next night.  She was having a great time at the game - until she fell off the band performance platform.  I kept watching for her and didn't see her get down with the other throngs of girls as I was behind her and thought she had jumped off the end to join the rest.  Apparently someone had pushed her off accidentally.  She ended up hitting her head, getting a bruise and scrap on the shoulder and banging up a knee.  She cheered up quick, though, and had fun cheerleading for the 2nd quarter and doing the half-time dance performance.

Karina's words on the night:

"I liked it when I got a blue balloon and a blue necklace.  I loved cheering in front of the people because it is so fun.  And I liked it because I got a little stamp on my hand and a cheer t-shirt."

No comments: